State level task force meeting on COVID19 held at capital: 120 Covid samples sent for Genome Testing at Kolkata
The meeting was participated by Principal Secretary Home Department, Special DGP, Law & Order, Districts Collectors & SP of four Districts & ADCs.
DG cum Secretary , H& F W Department.
Dr Pemba Bhutia, DG cum Secretary Health Department, Government of Sikkim State that on December 13, 120 samples has been sent to Kolkata based lab for Genome Testing
Further flowing points were highlighted-
- Two contact numbers of all International travellers to be recorded. ( one of their own & the other of their family member )
- Proposal for Genome Sequencing Lab to be send through Health Department.
- Hotels to ask for ID of all travellers.
- Ramp up covid19 testing.
- Covid care centres to be created following all criterias laid down by GOI.
- Tracking & Testing of all International travellers to be done as per the GOI guidelines.