The State Government has issued an order, dated 16.07.2021 with new guidelines to contain the spread of COVID 19 in the State.
IPR: The State Government has issued an order, dated 16.07.2021 with new guidelines to contain the spread of COVID 19 in the State.
1. Complete ban for one month for all socio-religious and entertainment related activities like marriage, pujas and birthday parties and other get-togethers, both in urban and rural areas. Pubs, discotheques, cinema halls, pool parlours, casinos, swimming pools and all places of socio-entertainment shall remain closed.
2. In case of funerals, concerned DMs may issue emergency permit to not more than 20 persons to conduct the last rites while ensuring COVID 19 protocols. The practice of serving food and beverages during funerals and last rites will be restricted.
3. IEC and mass awareness on Covid Appropriate Behaviour will be upscaled. Strict penalties will be executed on people and establishments violating Covid-19 guidelines.
4. Special permits, other than for health and police personnel shall not be given to any vehicles.
5. If any person in a ward or village tests positive, the entire ward will be declared a containment zone and strict measures will be enforced to prevent further spread. In case of urban or semi urban areas or towns, the entire building will be contained.
7. All relief work, social or medical service should compulsorily be routed through the District Collectors. All relief materials will be handed to BDOs for distribution, with strict COVID 19 protocols.
8. Only in-house puja or rituals will be allowed in religious places. There will be complete ban on visitors to any religious place or institution.
9. Regarding the entry of vehicles and persons from Rangpo and Melli (border) check posts, only those who have received full dose of COVID 19 vaccine and possess relevant documents to state the same, shall be permitted to enter the State.
10. Army and Security Personnel, Centre and State Government officials on official tour/duty will be permitted to enter the State.
11. Residents of Sikkim will be allowed entry after producing a negative RTPCR report conducted within 72 hours. However, if they return into the state, in the same day, the negative RTPCR won’t be necessary.
12. Fully vaccinated tourists shall be allowed entry into the State and those 18 years and below as well as partially vaccinated tourists will have to produce a negative RTPCR report conducted within 72 hours. It is mandatory that the driver should also be fully vaccinated or else will have to return the same day.
13. Entry of project related workforce, technical staff and related persons working on various projects in the State will not require negative RTPCR but will have to undergo seven days mandatory quarantine at government notified quarantine centres.
14. The odd-even vehicular movement will apply to all vehicles entering the State except for trucks and LCVs carrying essential and commercial goods shall be permitted to enter without the odd-even regulation.
15. There will be no restrictions for persons exiting the State through check posts.
16. Licensed multi brand showrooms, malls, shops, auto garage/automobile related shops, private enterprises, restaurants, bakeries and eateries shall operate with 50% workforce until 5:00 PM. Home delivery service will be permitted until 8:00 PM. The management will ensure wearing of masks and strict adherence to COVID 19 protocol by all concerned.
17. Licensing agencies like GMC, Excise Department, Tourism Department shall create teams to keep a strict vigil on all establishments.
18. Private construction activities shall be permitted with local labourers.
19. MGNREGA works shall be permitted by concerned DM on report of concerned BDO in wards where no fresh COVID cases have been detected.
20. All agriculture/horticulture activities shall be permitted.
21. Government vehicles shall be exempted from odd-even stipulations from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days.
22. All State Government offices including PSUs, Boards, Corporations under State Government will have 100% attendance of those employees who have received both dose of COVID 19 vaccine. Government offices will remain closed on Saturdays.
Any person violating the above guidelines will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act 2005, besides the legal action under Section 188 of the IPC and Sikkim Public Health and Safety (COVID 19) Regulations.