As holiday season approaches, a global surge in covid cases have unnerved governments across the world and in India. PM Modi chaired a high level meeting in December, and it was observed that the country was well prepared for tackling any sort of new surges.
However, it was advised that preventive measures were a must. Similarly states like Karnataka have already brought the mask mandates back and have allowed New Year celebrations till 1:00 AM.
Governmnet of Sikkim has also issued an advisory in view of spike in Covid-19 cases in various countries. The advisory was issued on December 27.
In a notification issued by Home Department, Government of Sikkim, it was informed, “In view of spike in trajectory of Covid-19 in various countries and considering the upcoming festive season and New Year Celebrations, there is need to put in place requisite public health measures and other arrangements to minimize the risk of increase in transmission of the disease by adopting the Covid-19 Appropriate Behaviour.”
“The public of Sikkim are therefore advised to kindly follow the following steps to prevent a Covid-19 outbreak”, mentioned the notification.
Below are the mandates issued by GOS:
- Use Face Masks while going to any public place.
- Maintain social distancing in public places.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or sanitizers.
- Avoid crowded places and social gatherings.
- Avoid international travel, if possible.
- In case of any symptoms like fever, sore throat, cough, loose motions, etc., consult your doctor immediately and do not hesitate to get tested for Covid-19.
- Get yourself vaccinated for Covid-19, if not done already, including precautionary dose.
- Follow the advisories issued by the Government from time to time.
“It is therefore advisable to take all precautionary measures to avoid a Covid-19 outbreak in our country and state.” The notification further said.