- Former Chief Minister and SDF President Pawan Chamling has been invited as the Guest of Honour at the 3 day Global Organic Expo being held at New Delhi.
- The ‘Guest of Honour’, Chamling was felicitated as the “true father of Organic State of Sikkim” and was introduced as the Brand Ambassador of organic agriculture.
- Talking about the prospect of India’s capability in becoming a 100% organic state, he urged those present to take up organic farming with due seriousness and that with political will and collective action, it would indeed be possible to also transform India into an organic country by the year 2040.
Former Chief Minister and SDF President Pawan Chamling has been invited as the Guest of Honour at the 3 day Global Organic Expo being held at New Delhi.
The 3rd Global Organic Expo 2022, organised by Society of Health, Environment, Safety and Sustainability Professionals (ShesPro) in collaboration with ICONEX, began today and will run for three days, from May 26-28, 2022, at IARI, Pusa, New Delhi.
This Expo is set to be a significant platform for Organic Producers, Aggregators, Processors, Value Chain Integrators, and Industry Partners by providing a Global level conference with the appropriate theme “Profitability for Humanity.”
Looking at the invitation of the former CM, it doesn’t come as any surprise as it was Chamling who initiated the Sikkim Organic Mission in 2003 during his tenure as the CM of Sikkim.
The ‘Guest of Honour’, Chamling was felicitated as the “true father of Organic State of Sikkim” and was introduced as the Brand Ambassador of organic agriculture.
In 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially declared Sikkim to be India’s first fully organic State, which in-turn helped create a branding that Sikkim is garbed in. This further helped the case for tourism sector. The result of which was that Sikkim’s policies were awarded the Future Policy Gold Award 2018, awarded by the World Future Council in partnership with the FAO and IFOAM – Organics International.
“The first step we took was to pass a resolution on Feb 24, 2003 at the Sikkim Legislative Assembly to make Sikkim a fully organic state. Since agriculture is a state subject, we passed the historic resolution at the State Assembly. After 12 years of hard work and perseverance, we successfully transformed Sikkim into a fully organic state on 31st December 2015. Then on 18th Jan 2016, the Prime Minister of India – Narendra Modi declared Sikkim as a 100% organic State,” said Chamling.
“Organic farming is not just important for the health of the people but that it is crucial for the health of the planet as a whole,” he added.
Chamling, addressing the grave danger that the planet faces due to rapid global warming and destruction of nature, said that there is not much time.
Talking about the prospect of India’s capability in becoming a 100% organic state, he urged those present to take up organic farming with due seriousness and that with political will and collective action, it would indeed be possible to also transform India into an organic country by the year 2040.
The Expo has been said to raise awareness not only among stakeholders, but also among people concerned about their health. The previous events drew over 200 organic product and service companies and provides an excellent opportunity to showcase work in the field of organics to the rest of the world.
According to the report by Krishi Jaagran, which is also the official media partner of the event the objectives of this Global Organic Expo are:
- Reducing cost and achieving sustainable productivity through certified organic products and capacity development of organic production systems
- Organic products will focus on creating market linkages between producers and marketers with the ultimate objective of increasing income without any chemical inputs
- Sector and People: Organic Expo allows all organic customers, suppliers, partners, and potential new customers to meet in a very comfortable way in person.
- Global Organic Expo is a platform to explore new clients and an opportunity to have face-to-face interaction with existing clients, suppliers, and partners. This event will be a 360-degree approach to understanding competition and analyzing market
- Parallel to the exhibition GOE will also have a conference to exchange ideas experiences and knowledge in the field of Organics which will create a future path for the growth of organics in India and the world over
- Organic is an ambitious and important field. To speak of the difference between certified organic, non-certified and natural products, public education will be an important part of this Organic Expo
It is also reported that this expo is an excellent launch pad for new products and innovation and a platform for the participants to meet buyers face-to-face in real-time with the expo’s exclusive functions knowledge.
The platform also promises the participants that it will help:
- Raise brand awareness – Increase visibility in the marketplace
- Strengthen existing business relationships in a face-to-face environment
- Educate your buyers – so they can more effectively sell your products to the end consumer Information
- Network with your peers and make new contacts
- Demo your products in front of buyers
- Corporate Projection and Positioning
- Increase Export and Domestic Sales
- New Product Launch
- Locate Trade Partners and Commercial Agents