SHRA Annual general meeting & election of new executives held
The Annual General Meeting of Sikkim Hotels and Restaurant Association – SHRA was held at Hotel Denzong Fern to elect new executives for the new term 2023 to 2025. The election was conducted as per the bylaws of the Association under the guidance of the Management Committee of SHRA consisting of 25 senior members & Marcus Rai, Additional Secretary, Tourism and Civil Aviation Department attended the meeting as an observer. Roshan Shrestha gave to brief about the work done during the past two years.
Sradha Sharma was elected as President, Allen Targain as Vice president, Ritez Chettri as General secretary, Mac Donald Dhungel as Assistant General Secretary & Yash Marda as Treasurer.
Vision of the New Formed Executive Body of SHRA is:
- To strengthen SHRA by reaching out to all stake holders in every corner of the State.
- To work transparently and unitedly for a better tourism future of Sikkim.
- To work closely with the Government and various Departments in matters relating to
a. Policies affecting the Tourism Industry directly and indirectly.
b. Planning and Marketing to present Sikkim in a new Avatar to the world.
c. Standardization in all forms focusing on the growth of the tourism industry in the State.
- Focus on communication with stake holders in understanding the requirements and challenges faced by the industry and finding solutions in coordination with the Government.
- Collaborating with other tourism-oriented stake holder associations in Sikkim to make the industry strong, united and vibrant.